The Awakening.

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Alright, well here is the first DM post. It includes all you need to know for the moment, although feel free to ask for clarification.

Try to relax and have fun, for that is our aim here.

Enjoy! king

************************************************************************************************************

You slowly come out of a groggy stupor, feeling like you have been drugged. You feel as if you have cotton balls in your ears and mush between them. But as you stare aimlessly around, things start to come clear. You are sitting in a chair. This chair is at a table around which sit two other men, wearing very blank and similar expressions. Staring intently at them, you realise who they are. You three compose the meanest, bravest, and best looking adventuring group on the whole of the mainland. At least, that’s what you think.

Once you have sorted out who you were sitting at the table with, you start to gather your bearings. Glancing around, you notice you are at a table in the middle of a tavern. There is a bartender casually cleaning mugs over at the bar, and the room is devoid of other customers except for one other little man wearing acolyte robes in a booth at the back. Glancing out one of the many windows, you see that it is quite dark out. As you are staring, you see a bobbing lantern go quickly by amid a clatter of hooves, signifying a cobblestone road where stagecoaches pass. However, they do not seem to stop here.

Taking stock of the room, there is a long bar on one side, a line of booths parallel on the opposite wall, and tables in between. There is also, at one end of the room, a fireplace with a nice rug before it. You also notice that there are three mugs on the table before you, one before each person. There seem to be two doors to the building, one heading to the road and another to the back of the building.

The fire is burning low in the fireplace, and after sitting for a while to regaining your wits, a group of seven hard looking men enter through the door. The move towards the fire and take a look around the room. The man in the booth slides back and attempts to hide in the shadows. Never the less, when he is spotted, the leader smiles and silently motions two of his men to each door. He and two sidekicks move towards the man, boxing him in his booth.

What do you do?


Last edited by Graham B on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by will1994 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:54 pm

Nothing, having just woken up from a drugged state, i doubt the three of us could do anything to save him (3 versus 7)

Watch and wait to see what happens.
avatar
will1994
Lord

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by LordVictlin on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Watch and wait to see what will happen.....
avatar
LordVictlin
Lord

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:18 am

wait, after a short while i come to realize i am the best looking of the group, but nothing comes of it.

i glance around and look at the bartender
1) how old is he

Would like to roll a perspective check to see if any of the men have weapons, or just fists.

(confused at this part, in the other thread when we roll, do you want us to roll and place that in front of (20) so you know what dice we rolled then + our bonuses, ie. 12(20) + our bonuses? such that we roll with our dice and then post them on the forum, or is there an automated math system in this forum?
basically just asking you how you want us to roll)

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:19 am

Looking around, you suddenly take a keen interest in the bartender. You guess that he is in about his late 50's with a large potbelly and a balding head with a few whisps of grey hair. You shift into a tactial perspective of him, and see that he looks to be a bit of a coward, and you think that at the first sign of trouble, he would hide under the bar.

And if jake could please roll a d20 for a perspective check, I would be very pleased.

(and to roll, when you click "Post Reply" there will be an option right under "send" to roll dice. I've programmed in all the possible ones we might need.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by LordVictlin on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:19 pm

i want to check whether there is any magic users in the bar beside me....(do i need take a perception check....and can i actually figure out who is a magic user?)
avatar
LordVictlin
Lord

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:53 pm

Jeff, you need to make an arcana check. Roll a d20.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by LordVictlin on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Graham B wrote:Jeff, you need to make an arcana check. Roll a d20.

(do i get a +5 or +10 Arcana bonus?)

Is it possible to include the Dice roll in my post?


Last edited by LordVictlin on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
LordVictlin
Lord

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:39 pm

The member 'LordVictlin' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 19

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:33 pm

Jeff, with such a check as that, you peer deeply into the fog of magic, and you discern that these men are no different magically that any other poor joe on the street.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:25 pm

perspective check

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:25 pm

The member 'xfrogmanx' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 1
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:26 pm

balls

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:41 am

Jake: You get a total of '6' with your +5 bonus. You see, or rather don't see anything. The drug-like effects left you rather confused and disorented. You cannot tell if they have weapons or just fists.

(If you guys could post your modifier when doing any form of roll, it would make my job a lot easier.)

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:49 am

The leader of the group, a scarred man in chainmail, leans menacingly over the table of the alcolyte.

"You are the one, ain't you?" the leader asks.

Recoiling in his booth, the alcolyte manners to stammer out "I...I...have no idea what you are talking about..."

The scarred reaches out, sizes the collar of alcolyte's robes, and yanks out a holy symbol.

What do you do?

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:25 am

glance over, what is the barman doing?

perspective check to find out the kind of religion that the acolyte belongs to

+5 to d20 roll

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:25 am

The member 'xfrogmanx' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 5
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:25 am

Graham B wrote:The member 'xfrogmanx' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 5
so its 10

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by will1994 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:33 am

Use fey step (teleport 5 squares) to move towards the scarred man, try and intimidate him to tell you what's going on, why he is ganging up on the acolyte, (charisma check? roll a d20+0?).

avatar
will1994
Lord

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:33 am

The member 'will1994' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 10
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:18 am

will1994 wrote:Use fey step (teleport 5 squares) to move towards the scarred man, try and intimidate him to tell you what's going on, why he is ganging up on the acolyte, (charisma check? roll a d20+0?)

I am guessing by this post will, you wish to say that you want to move towards the man and then intimidate him.

couple of things.

1. the use of fey step here gives you no advantage in the conversation. In fact, if it comes to blows, you will be right beside him and have lost your chance to gain combat advantage. Although it might seem intimidating to some people on the street, this scarred vetran will not be phased. One other thought is that this is an encounter power. So the whole time you are in this encounter, you will not be able to use this power again.

2. Intimidation

Yes you are right it is a charisma check. However you seem unsure about what happens here. Consult page 186 of the Player's Handbook (henceforth referred to as PH) for the full rules.


After this, are you sure you wish to go through with this?

(I will be doing this if i think any understanding of whats going on may be indispute. This is to avoid mistakes made out of ignorance. However this will be for the first encounter only. After that, you are on your own!)


Last edited by Graham B on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:20 am

xfrogmanx wrote:
Graham B wrote:The member 'xfrogmanx' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 5
so its 10

You stare at the alcolyte and the scarred man, but you cannot make out the holy symbol.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by LordVictlin on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:43 am

perspective check what religion the acolyte belongs to

(Do we use religion mod or perception mod....+10 for religion, +2 perception)
avatar
LordVictlin
Lord

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:43 am

The member 'LordVictlin' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 11

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:56 pm

i listen intently as to what Victlin (yeah, no lord for you) will have to say as i had no insight.

I start to ponder about going into stealth if things get worse, if so, i let my comrades know the plan, Zephiroth should probably charge in, in a way that draws attention to him, while Victlin casts some magic around and i'll sneak up behind them and stab, i ask for any objections.

Also, i will ask again, what is the barman doing now?

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum