The Awakening.

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:32 pm

The member 'Graham B' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 19

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 10

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 3

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:49 pm

The ruffian does full damage to Merric. (9 points of damage...8+1 (see dice thread)). Furthermore, Merric is now in a dazed state.

The other ruffian (R2) swings at the wizard and connects with him. He causes 5 damage (dice thread) and also stuns his target.

The scarred man, seeing the dazed Halfling under the table, also takes a lazy swing at him. However, he fails to hit him.

Now its initiative order.

R1/R2/T1/S/Ja/Je/T2/W/T3/T4

So its Jake's turn, then Jeff;s, then Will's. The door guards are taking no action because they are guarding the doors.

The map now looks like this:



I have also numbered and lettered the edges around the tavern for easy movement.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:59 pm

where are the d20 rolls? cause i found the damage/ chance rolls, but not the actual hit rolls

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:37 pm

above the map. I rolled in this forum then realised..."Oh...i should use another spot". The three d20s were 19, 10, and 3.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:05 am

ok, must have replied when you made the next page, do we only get the operatunity attack when they leave 1 tile next to use, not when they enter?

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:48 am

That is correct. the oppurtunity attack only comes when you are essentially ignoring your enemy to do something else. Eg step away, shoot an arrow, cast a ranged spell...ect.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:21 pm

22-14= iam bloodied....

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Graham B wrote:The ruffian does full damage to Merric. (9 points of damage...8+1 (see dice thread)). Furthermore, Merric is now in a dazed state.

The other ruffian (R2) swings at the wizard and connects with him. He causes 5 damage (dice thread) and also stuns his target.

Why did you take 14 damage? You only took 9...Jeff (the wizard) took 5.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:57 pm

oh, my bad

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:55 pm

what does T1 do?

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Graham B wrote:Clearly annoyed by this interruption, the scarred man throws the acolyte back into the booth. The poor acolyte's head hits on a sideboard and he falls unconscious. "I'll deal with you later" he says to the limp form. He quickly sheathes his dagger and draws his longsword. He calls out to the men at the doors, "Don't let anyone out!".

They do not move. As ordered by the scarred man, they do not take any action but to guard the doors.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:18 pm

i use ability Deft Strike, moving two square north, on R2

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by LordVictlin on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:50 am

Standard:Magic Spell: Freezing Cloud: Intell VS Fort, hit on D20, damage: 1d8 +5, it could burst 2 squares..where until the end of the next turn any enemy enters the area would subject to another attack. The staring point would be G8(where the S is, it would hit R1 and R2)
Minor:
Free: Lord: Zeph(Will) cover me up(u can do that, by basically being my cover.)


Last edited by LordVictlin on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
LordVictlin
Lord

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:00 pm

So far, jake you have hit the riffian with 25 and do 5 damage. However since you moved (you didn't shift) you invited two opportunity attacks.

The scarred man attacks first. He gets four for his attack. Me fails to hit you.

R1 attacks next. He hits with a roll of 17 and does 6 damage.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by will1994 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Move to F8

Standard: use wolf pack tactics on scarred man, allowing merric to move one square. attack +5, damage 1d8+6

~

I lunge towards the scarred man, spear poised to strike, aiming for the vitals... heart, head, gut....i go for the gut while roaring to merric to move back "I will take care of this one! Merric, you've done enough."

~

Dice: http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org/t32-dice-go-here-lets-not-clog-up-the-the-other-thread#347
avatar
will1994
Lord

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:21 pm

i dont end up shifting, already moved where i wanted to go

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:09 pm

xfrogmanx wrote:i dont end up shifting, already moved where i wanted to go

what? that made little sense. I know you were not shifting, you were moving. That is what your power says and so when you moved you took two opportunity attacks.

Also, Jeff I am waiting on you to update your attack so I can then do Will's.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:48 pm

no, wills ability allows me to shift 1 square as a free action, iam saying that i will not move at all as i already moved where i wanted to go

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by will1994 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:03 pm

you sure? R2 is right next to you and i don't think he's very happy you hit him...

(ie, let me tank, you're already low on health and we still haven't even killed one)
avatar
will1994
Lord

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:50 pm

it doesnt matter if i move, he can just get closer to me, your in the way of the other two, because you really want me to move, i will slide to d8

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by will1994 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:57 pm

You're still right next to him -.-

owell, errrr there's a couch right on d8.......dunno what that means.
avatar
will1994
Lord

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:27 pm

will shifting not enable a operatunity attack?

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by will1994 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Im guessing it won't yeah.
avatar
will1994
Lord

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:49 pm

Here is the mapped overview of the entire turn. (this is what made me take a while before posting...sorry)



Anyways, Jeff your spell goes off. ( you also got changed to orange for this turn. Sorry, but you can go back next turn.)

Will, being the person next in the initiative order who started their turn in the cloud, you get to take damage first. Jeff, go ahead and roll up the damage you are doing with that daily power to your ally.

Will, you move towards the enemy. However when you exit square F7, you are attacked twice by two opportunity attacks from R2 and the scarred man.

The scarred man rolls 14 and so does not connect.

The ruffian however connects with Will's character and so does 8 damage

***

The lights in the room darken slightly and a small breeze blows throught the room though all the windows are firmly shut. A slight crackle and hiss is started to be heard over the sound of Victlin's chanting. The soft syllables and the occasionally harsh sound from his voice, coupled with the intense concentration seen on his face, show this to not be a minor spell.
.There is a loud "CRACK" and Victlin stops chanting. Slowly a dark grey cloud appears, hanging just below the ceiling. From this cloud, soft snow starts to fall. However, as it gets halfway to the floor, they stop in midair. There they seem to solidify and condense, and from the way some glisten from the light behind, you can see they have turned into deadly pellets of ice.

The first to move is Zephiroth. As soon as he takes a single step forward, the ice pellets seem to awake to his presence. They swarm down towards him, sharply attacking. An instant later, its over and Zephiroth is still standing there, although many small cuts adorn his body. He contintues to move and soon comes into range of the Scarred man and one of his henchmen. But he does not stop there. He moves right in between the two of them, temporarily turning his back to the henchman. From there, the henchman takes a swing at Zephiroth and connects, scoring a bloody gash down his side. The scarred man also makes an attempt but is parried away.

From this position they wait, patient for the next man to make his move.


_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by will1994 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Holdup, so even though i wasn't close to them at all....just walking towards them gives them a chance to attack me?

EDIT: uhhhh graham, by any chance did you forget to mention that i attacked the scarred man? >.< ...i don't see any mention of me even hitting him or anything.
avatar
will1994
Lord

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum