The Awakening.

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Its not just that you were walking towards them. Rather you walked into range of them (thats fine) then continued walking. That continuing walking part was part which got you attacked. You moved into range and then moved out of that space.

Will, you strike the Scarred man with 23 being more than you need. You then do 13 damage.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:48 am

I am still waiting btw on Jeff to roll up the damage done to Will with his spell.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 am

Betrayed by his allies, the Leader takes 6 points of damage, yet stalwartly forges ahead, still trying to protect the very character that hit him.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:55 pm

is the leader the scared man?

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by will1994 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:21 pm

The leader is me.

Rawr.
avatar
will1994
Lord

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Okay guys, here is this post! Sorry for the long wait.



So the very first thing that happens, is that due to R1 being in the freezing cloud, Jeff gets to roll damage on him.

Next he decides that he dosen't like being hit this way, and so decides to go and attempt to attack the wizard. To do this, he moves onto the table and then jumps off and moves directly towards the wizard.

Because he is so enraged, he moves directly at the wizard. Therefore will you can make an opportunity attack against him. (this is just one basic attack)

Once he comes into contact with the wizard, he wildly swings his mace at him and attempts to hit him. Sadly, he fails to hit.

http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org/t32-dice-go-here-lets-not-clog-up-the-the-other-thread#369

*****

Looking around, the human ruffian wonders why the room has suddenly gotten so much darker and so much colder. Then suddenly, it hits him.

Angered by this sudden attack, the ruffian leaps up on a table to see who would DARE attack him. While on the table, he spots a small wizard with a bulbous nose chuckling to himself. Deciding that this must the be the person who provoked him, he starts to dash forward to meet him him glorious combat.

As he moves, the leader takes a wild swing at him, but it is unseen to an outside observer as to whether it connects or not.

The man, having finished his moves, takes a little pause, waiting for the next man to react.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by will1994 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:17 am

7 attack, 11 damage for opportunity on r1

"I see the crazed ruffian charge at Victlin, he runs past me without noticing my presence, "a fool" i thought as i thrust my spear towards him"

Also, do things that affect an "ally" include myself? (talking about my tactical presence passive)
avatar
will1994
Lord

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:25 am

Will - It says an ally that you can see. And for the purposes of DnD, you cannot see yourself. Ergo, you that does not include you. Also, you miss the ruffian and therefore do no damage.

Jeff - You do 13 damage to the ruffian (R1)! That very easily puts him into being bloodied. Next time, can you please post in this thread with the results of your dice roll? It would make my life much easier.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:31 am

Next up? Lets look at the order...

R1/R2/T1/S/Ja/Je/T2/W/T3/T4

So next up is R2. He decides that he will lash out at the foolish elridian who has decided to get between him and his leader, the scarred man.

http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org/t32p25-dice-go-here-lets-not-clog-up-the-the-other-thread#378

However, it is not enough to strike, even with having combat advantage.

However, he also takes damage from the cloud. Jeff, roll it! (But post it too please Smile )

Jeff - Also please note these are not automatic hits. Therefore you need to roll to hit for both this one and the last one. If the last one does not it, the 13 damage is moot.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:03 pm

Jeff, that was a rather sad roll. You missed both times and so the 13 damage is now null and void. Sorry, maybe you should have rolled a bit better!

(Please link the rolls here! If you do not know how, I can show you...)

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:15 pm

what does the scared man do?
(just checking how do you link it, i think i know how, but is there a proper way to do it?)

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:03 pm

So! Firstly the scarred man rolls 2d6 to see if his ability "Press the Advantage" is recharged.

***

And now, as I am about to link the rolls, I will dictate how as I do it.

1. Go to the dice thread and roll your dice.
2. See where it says "Re: Dice go here lets not clog up the the other thread"? Well click that header. You will note that the webadress changes.

For example, it goes from "http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org/t32p25-dice-go-here-lets-not-clog-up-the-the-other-thread"
to
http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org/t32p25-dice-go-here-lets-not-clog-up-the-the-other-thread#389

Note the #389 on the end. That is the post number. Now when you click the second link, it should take you to my dice roll.

So when you have that url, type in [url ] then the url followed by [/url ]. This is telling the forum post that this is a url and so a link. Mine has extra spaces in it for otherwise it would try and take you to the "then the url followed by" link.

That is about it for the posting the dice rolls. If this was at all unclear, let me know in person and I can show you in about five secs. Will was actually the one who originally showed me how to do this, so you can ask him as well.

***

Anyways, the scarred man fails to recharge his ability.

Therefore, he will attempt to make a regular longsword attack against the elridian who has gotten between him and that infernal wizard!

http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org/t32p25-dice-go-here-lets-not-clog-up-the-the-other-thread#391

He connects with the elridian and does 8 damage. However, before this, he takes damage from the freezing cloud spell of Jeff's.

If you could be so kind as to roll it, I would be very pleased.

(P.S. Jeff you were right, you do get a +5 to attack. However, you still fall slightly short of hitting. If you had rolled anything other than the bottom quarter of the values on a d20, you would have hit. But....you rolled badly. Ergo, no damage.)

***

The scarred man is first attacked very viciously by the freezing cloud of ice pellets that attempt to rip and tear at his flesh. Angered by this challenge to his supremacy on the battlefield, he stares at the wizard and decides to strike out at him.

However, before he can manage to make a move, something takes his immediate attention. There is a tall elridian standing directly in his way! THE NERVE!!! Well this simply cannot do, and so he lashes out with his longsword at this elridian. He luckily manages to connect and score a long gouge in the elridian's upper thigh.

"That'll teach him to stand in my way," he murmurs to himself.

***

Jake, your turn!

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Furthermore, Merric is now in a dazed state

what do i roll so that i can get out?

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Oh it lasted for one turn. You should be fine now.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:15 pm


xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:34 pm

tags fail Razz But thank you for posting the Dice! It makes it so much easier.

Also, can you guys start posting what the effect of your attack is? Because right now, to tell you or not if Jake connected ect i need to go and research Deft Strike and then compare. It would be much easier if you guys went sth along the lines of:

***

Use Deft Strike against R2

+7 Attack Vs AC, 1d4+3 damage.

http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org/t32p25-dice-go-here-lets-not-clog-up-the-the-other-thread#397

***

That would ease my job considerably.

As to the attack against R2, you hit him, and so do 6 damage.

***

Lunging deftly forward, Merric makes a swift and accurate attack against the first of the dispicable ruffians. He manages to score a moderate sized wound on the ruffian's chest. The ruffian screams out in pain at the strike, then readies himself for the next possible blow.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:41 pm

ok, will do next time

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:03 am

Jeff, you are up!

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by LordVictlin on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:27 pm

Use magic spell: Encounter Power: Ray of Enfeeblement.
Target : Scared Man
Hit: d20 (+5) VS Fort
Damage: 1d10(+5)
Special Effect: Weaken the unit until the next turn

Graham B wrote:The member 'LordVictlin' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 8

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 8
avatar
LordVictlin
Lord

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Sorry Jeff, buy you are one short! An so, you do not cause any damage. Furthermore, your area of effect spell ends at the end of your turn.

No move or minor actions?

And if not, then it is Will's turn.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:31 pm

just curious on how you want us to address our changes to our characters?
i gained 16g 44s, 92xp and lost 1 ration

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:43 pm

All I expect you to do is to keep track of it yourself somewhere. So perhaps you could post additions to your character sheets below your posted sheet? Either that or have some onenote file or a scrap of paper that WILL NOT GET LOST. Up to you.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:51 pm

So, where were we?

Well correct me if I am wrong, but you are currently in the Tavern, two blocks away from the merchant who might take you to a 'special' vendor at 6 o'clock. Let us say that the current time is around 3.

In the tavern, Jeff is sitting all alone nursing a mug of ale and wishing that everyone would just fall over and die. He is also considering helping people to do just that.

Will and Jake you just got stonily rebuffed by the lady, perhaps an elf or a half-elf, sitting in the corner. Clothed in a long green cloak with a hood that drapes over half her face, she is staring into her wine glass and seems to want to be left alone. She furthermore has been quite rude at all your attempts at conversation. However, it is clear she has a problem and is quite agitated about it.

And so, I ask you, what do you do?


Last edited by Graham B on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammer)

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:51 pm

how full is her glass of wine? i think she needs another, i purchase a glass of wine (5g if i remember correctly) and walk over to present it:
" excuse me, but i would like to offer you this drink, as an apology to our earlier argument. we had not right to come over and i hope that you would forgive me for my previous actions, and that you enjoy the drink"

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by LordVictlin on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:53 pm

I would like to make a perception check on:
1. a hot women to have a night with..=.=
2. any strange or weird people, people that seems to be unfit in this experiment.

Graham B wrote:The member 'LordVictlin' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 6

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 14

Perception Check (+2) ...6(+2)..for #1
Perception Check 14(+2) for #2
avatar
LordVictlin
Lord

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum