The Awakening.

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Initiative order:

(this is going from left to right top to bottom for the T1 or T3 order.)

R1/R2/T1/S/Ja/Je/T2/W/T3/T4

However you guys get a surprise round and so all but Ja, Je, and W are skipped.

What are your actions? Please show standard, move, minor, and free actions into their respective sections.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:03 pm

i will make aperspectives check to see if there is any traps (first d20) passive perspectives is +5

get out of my chair as minor (not d roll)

go into stealth for major? (second d20) +8

also question of how will moving over chairs/tables go? like tables take 1 extra move and chairs 1/2? or what.

.... still another low roll?


Last edited by xfrogmanx on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added comment, both multiplies and question, forgot to add reason)

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:03 pm

The member 'xfrogmanx' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 12
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by will1994 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:58 pm

stand up

Throw a javelin at the left R

roll 1d6 +5
avatar
will1994
Lord

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:58 pm

The member 'will1994' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd6' : 2
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by LordVictlin on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:10 am

minor: rise up
standard: Magic spell: ray of frost (hit; intelligent(+5) VS Fort) (damage: 1d6+5) to the R on the left.
avatar
LordVictlin
Lord

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:10 am

The member 'LordVictlin' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 10

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 1

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:26 pm

will1994 wrote:stand up

Throw a javelin at the left R

roll 1d6 +5

you only dolled a d6, thats only for damage, you also need to roll a d20 to see if you actually hit the target

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by will1994 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:25 pm

xfrogmanx wrote:
will1994 wrote:stand up

Throw a javelin at the left R

roll 1d6 +5

you only dolled a d6, thats only for damage, you also need to roll a d20 to see if you actually hit the target

ah, okay.
avatar
will1994
Lord

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:25 pm

The member 'will1994' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 20
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:25 pm

SURPRISE ROUND!
You catch your enemy completely off guard and launch your attack before they can react.

@ Jake - There are no obvious traps that you can see. Furthermore, you go into stealth, invisible to all.

@ Will - Critical Hit! You cause maximum damage (6+5 = 11) to R1

@ Jeff - Succeed in casting the spell upon R1 and cause 6 damage.

Three quick notes

- Please start referring to each character by R1 or T3 rather than "the one on the left". It makes my life much more simple. Numbers were assigned on from top to bottom, then left to right in each row.

- Also chairs do not block movement, however tables do. You can spend two squares of movement to hop up on top of one.

- Is no one moving? because you have one standard action (fight), one move action (self explanitory), one minor action (small action), and as many free actions (tiny actions and checks) as you want.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:42 pm

ok, just wanted to check bout my stealth before i moved, and is R1 bloodied yet? if he is not bloodied i move to the west side of him, 4 out of 6 movement, and use Deft Strike, which because it is in sneak is +2d6 +2 and my melee attack bonus is +6, so i roll d20 for hit, and 2x d6 +2 for the damage i do.
it is attack vs AC, so i think i get +7 to hit roll.

again, this is only if he is bloodied


Last edited by xfrogmanx on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added +2 multiplier for damage)

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:42 pm

The member 'xfrogmanx' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 9

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 4, 3
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:01 pm

@ Jake - One problem here. Firstly, you make the stealth check at the end of a move action. This means that when you first went into stealth, you sacrificed your move. If however we ignore that and assume that you went into stealth last turn, your movement over more than 2 squares causes you to recheck at a -5 penalty. Furthermore, you moved into open area on your last move spot and so lost stealth.

Therefore, I would make the suggestion that you move under the table northwest of R1 and then attempt to go into stealth (at -5). You can go under the table because of your size being "Small". There you would have cover and therefore logically be able to go into stealth. You can also attack from this vantage point. If you take this course of action, I will disregard your previous attempt to go into stealth.

This is from Page 188 of the Player's Handbook if you want to look this up yourself. Under the "Becoming Hidden" section, I am approving your ability to go into stealth outside of superior cover because the enemy was distracted with the Alcolyte and that this is a surprise round.

P.S. - This is the 100th post in the topic!


Last edited by Graham B on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 100th post thing.)

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:04 pm

but, if you look under cover or concealment it shows that you must remain undercover, and now knowing that my size allows me to go under tables (this is correct). thus always remaining in cover of the enemy, for now i dont care if the others can see me, thats not a big problem, other than they they could possibly hit me.
for the sake of this is seems that i can remain under cover by moving either to the north side, or underneath the south east table (the one from above) while being totally undercover, move south east 2 squares to be north of the table, while still being under combats 'cover' (now that i look at it i could also go to the west side of the table).

so what iam saying is that wouldn't this mean that i remain in stealth/have the stealth check due to cover provided by the table to R1 and possibly from T3/4?

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:54 pm

so i'll move under the table to the north west of R1 i believe that i re-roll a stealth check because i moved more than 2 squares, my modifier is +8, not sure if i lose anything

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:54 pm

The member 'xfrogmanx' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'd20' : 19
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:09 pm

@ Jake - Well you lose -5 for moving more than 2 squares and so you only gain a +3 bonus. However, a check of 22 is good enough to go into stealth from all parties you have cover from.

@ everyone - Does anyone have any more actions or do we go to the next turn?

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by LordVictlin on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Next Turn Plz..i finished all my actions for this turn
avatar
LordVictlin
Lord

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by will1994 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Wield my spear and wait for the next turn.
avatar
will1994
Lord

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:04 am

Jake? you still have a standard action left if you want it...

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:52 am

use Deft Strike, which because it is in sneak is +2d6 +2 and my melee attack bonus is +6, so i roll d20 for hit, and 2x d6 +2 for the damage i do.
it is attack vs AC, so i think i get +7 to hit roll. and +2 to the damage

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:52 am

The member 'xfrogmanx' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'd20' : 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 6, 5
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:27 am

@ Jake - You strike out from under the table and stab feircely at R1

Attack roll - 4 +7 (bonus from dagger) +2 (combat advantage) = 13.

However, due to a slight slip of the fingers by Merric, the blade misses it's intended target and instead merely glances off R1's leather greaves. No damage is done.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:32 pm

While holding the whimpering acolyte in his hand, with the dagger poised to strike under his chin, the scarred man heard a soft 'thud' followed by a loud shriek in his right ear. Looking over, he saw that there was a small javelin protruding from his henchman's gut. The henchman seemed to be curled over in pain, attempting to extract it from his belly. As the scarred man watched, the same man was then hit by a wave of icy particles and cold air, hurting him even more. Almost to add insult to injury, and small creature under the table takes a swing at this character, but his dagger merely glances off the henchman's greaves.

Clearly annoyed by this interruption, the scarred man throws the acolyte back into the booth. The poor acolyte's head hits on a sideboard and he falls unconscious. "I'll deal with you later" he says to the limp form. He quickly sheathes his dagger and draws his longsword. He calls out to the men at the doors, "Don't let anyone out!".

R1 - Feeling the blade glance off his shin, the ruffian looks down and sees the small creature under the table. Growling, he unsheathes his mace and strikes down at Merric with the clear intent to attempt to daze him. (first d20 roll)

R2 - Seeing the human wizard start to power up, the ruffian moves quickly across the floor and leaps onto the couch beside the wizard. There, he whips out his mace and also attempts to do a dazing strike onto the wizard. (second d20)

S - The scarred man advances towards the Halfling under the table. From there he attempts to stike the (hopefully) dazed Merric and then press the advantage. (third d20 roll)

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum