The Awakening.

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:37 pm

First off, you fail to spot any ladies of quality around the tavern. However that does not mean there are none, just that you cannot see any.

Instead, standing on the doorstep, you spot a lady who looks to be about 63 years old, has a plunging neckline which is, as that age, more horrifying that sexy, and has a heavily make-up covered face with bright red lipstick. She spots your gaze, smiles a gap-toothed smile and beckons with a finger.

Please further define what you mean by
people that seems to be unfit in this experiment

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:59 pm

xfrogmanx wrote:how full is her glass of wine? i think she needs another, i purchase a glass of wine (5g if i remember correctly) and walk over to present it:
" excuse me, but i would like to offer you this drink, as an apology to our earlier argument. we had not right to come over and i hope that you would forgive me for my previous actions, and that you enjoy the drink"

As to the size of her glass of wine, it is hard to tell but it seems to be about half full.

And buying one glass of wine? very well. 5 gold it is.

***

The short halfling leaves the lady in the corner and wanders over to the bar. Slowly waiting to be noticed, you stand there for a period of about thirty seconds without being noticed. Then with a loud "Ah hem" or rather a clearing of your throat you catch the bartender's attention. He leans over the bar and looks down at you and asks you "What's your poison, little man?"

"One glass of wine," you say. Money exchanges hands, and the barkeep starts pouring. As he does so, you say "a tray too if you please." At this, he lets loose a snort of laughter and asks you "Does this look like such a fancy place as that?" He then puts down the glass and walks off to serve another customer.

You pick up the glass and walk over to the lady in the corner and say "Excuse me, but I would like to offer you this drink, as an apology to our earlier argument. We had no right to come over and I hope that you would forgive me for my previous actions, and that you enjoy the drink."

At this, you start to back away. But before you could get very far, she calls out "Good sir. Please come back and join me."

What do you do?

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:42 am

I join her

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:04 am

As you sit down, she says "I am sorry for being so hostile to you before, but I have been called so many lewd things today, I had had enough of men and their remarks. When I saw you approach, I could not help but think "Here we go again".

Why in fact, just in the past two hours, I have been approached by five men...FIVE! asking me how much I was for a night. Whats more, they were all drunk and smelt like they had not had a bath in years, if ever!

It is rather nice to find someone who is a bit more cultured than the average person in this bar. Speaking of which, what ARE you doing here in the bar? Furthermore what made you approach me?"


Last edited by Graham B on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammer)

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by LordVictlin on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 pm

any suspicious people
avatar
LordVictlin
Lord

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Graham B wrote:It is rather nice to find someone who is a bit more cultured than the average person in this bar. Speaking of which, what ARE you doing here in the bar? Furthermore what made you approach me?"

"I understand your previous hostility. As for why I approached you, you looked like the most interesting, well mannered and beautiful person in the bar, as you can tell from my companions and their current actions, drinking a lot, we are actually supposed to be waiting for a shop to open. We had previously decided to spend some time in this local bar as a good way to spend the time until the shop opens.

What about you? what brings you to this bar?"

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:46 pm

@ Jake

xfrogmanx wrote:
Graham B wrote:It is rather nice to find someone who is a bit more cultured than the average person in this bar. Speaking of which, what ARE you doing here in the bar? Furthermore what made you approach me?"

"I understand your previous hostility. As for why I approached you, you looked like the most interesting, well mannered and beautiful person in the bar, as you can tell from my companions and their current actions, drinking a lot, we are actually supposed to be waiting for a shop to open. We had previously decided to spend some time in this local bar as a good way to spend the time until the shop opens.

What about you? what brings you to this bar?"

"You are waiting for a shop to open? But it is late afternoon bordering on early evening! What form of shop opens only late at night?" she says.

Then she pauses, furrows her brown, and says, "You are not one of THOSE men are you?"


@Jeff - while you notice the girl in the corner, other than the 8 generic tavern brawlers and drunks, barkeep, and old 'lady of the night', you notice no one suspicious looking or noteworthy.


Last edited by Graham B on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added in @Jeff)

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:51 pm

"No, No, we are only looking for weapons to better defend us in the city, we haven't a clue as to exactly where we are, all we know is were in (insert city name here) and we met a man who said he could lead us to a place to buy weapons, but he was at work and we are currently waiting for him to get off work to guide us."

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:19 pm

"A likely story I'm sure. Well, considering you seem to not know the city's name, let me tell you that it is called "Beeatle". It is a small city-state of around 12 000 people and is ruled by a fat old man we like to call the Lord of Keys. In case you are wondering, this is his nickname because he wears a giant key around his neck. Perhaps he thinks it makes him seem important, but I would really not know."

When she finishes this phrase, she inadvertently reaches up and scratches behind her ear. When finished, she continues.

"But the thing with this city is, that should you know where to look, you can get almost anything you wish for. Being under independent rule, we are not subjected to all the fines and tariffs you might find in a larger kingdom. So it makes for some very nice shopping."

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:54 pm

"you sound very experienced, are you a merchant perhaps? or just like to browse? if you had any tips for buying in this region i would be very happy if you told me."

roll perception check to see if theres anything behind her ear or any strange markings and what it looks like (human or elf), +5 = 19

http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org/t32p25-dice-go-here-lets-not-clog-up-the-the-other-thread#430

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:19 am

At this suggestion, she lets out a light, crystal-like pure sounding laugh. and says "me? a merchant? Why you could not get me to be one of those slimly wheeler-dealers for all the gold in the world. As to tips, what are you looking for?"

And you notice that she has an itch.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:02 pm

"some sort of magical implement, mainly in the form of a weapon, but also in other form mainly for that almost drunk wizard over there that i must call my companion. we are currently helping an acolyte we met on the road, so far in our travels we have tried to help those who are in need. and are looking to better equip ourselves before going out to brave the wilderness."

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:48 am

"A weapon eh?" she says. "Magical too? Hmmmm..." At this, she lapses into thought. Inadvertently, she reaches up and scratches her ear again.

"Well," she says after a brief pause, "if you want mundane weapons, Nate's Armory is over in the commerce district. He has every form of weapon you could imagine. Then you could take that to the temple district and see if you could get one of those priests of Corellon to enchant it for you." Then in a hushed voice she adds "on the sly of course."

"As a general rule, the only people in Beeatle who have access to magical items, are...well...no one. You see, ever since the Lord of Keys got his magical Key, he has been worried about someone coming up and outshining his Key with a much more special item. Paranoid about his fame, I suppose. But as long as that ban is in place, it is illegal to bring magical weapons into the city. If you try to, they will be confiscated by the guards."

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:42 pm

"hmmm " i pause to think

"thank you for the information, well make sure to keep it on the hush hush. what about the temple though? doesnt the Lord of Keys know about this? and what about any opposition to his rule? is there anything?"

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:50 pm

did you hear me fair maiden?

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:25 pm

"I apologise, my newfound friend. I drifted off for a moment." She said. Then the woman continued,

"You asked about opposition to His rule? Well as far as I know, and I don't know much, but there seems to be a little dissention between the Lord of Keys and one of his guild leaders. But which it is, I don't really know."

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:20 pm

which guild would that be?

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Like I said, which it is I don't know.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:32 pm

"You know, the evening is starting to wear on. Perhaps I should start considering going home. "

Again, she reaches up and scratches her ear before continuing.

"I suppose that I will have to tell him I have failed. Well, it was very nice to meet a gentleman in this day and age, but I think I need to leave now."

At this, she gets up and makes as if to leave.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:17 pm

call out to her "failed? who?"

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:57 am

"Oh you wouldn't understand" she says to you. She then reaches down and picks up her coat.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by xfrogmanx on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:07 pm

"the evening has gone on, perhaps i should walk with you, then i may be able to convince you that i would be able to understand." I stand up and tell my companions to follow at a discreet distance, if they can manage that in their drunken stupor.

xfrogmanx
Paragon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:44 pm

"No" she says. "I think I would rather walk alone." After this, she continues her movement towards the door.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Grey_Ham on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:51 pm

The door closes softly behind her, and out a window you can see her slight shape retreating down the road. Somehow, you get the feeling you will never see her again.

_________________
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Resident Dm! jocolor

Characters:

Sigmar (Priest)

Verneration (Paladin)
avatar
Grey_Ham
Supreme Lord and Master

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-12-13

View user profile http://the-matrix-dnd.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Awakening.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum